Teaching Across the Early Years 3-7: Curriculum Coherence and Continuity Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: November 2004
File Size: 1398 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
This practical and accessible book explores ways of developing continuity and coherence in children’s learning from three to seven years old. It is based around three case studies in which tutors on Initial Teacher Training courses worked with early years practitioners in three different pre-school settings, each linked to a primary school. The book describes how they successfully managed to plan and teach integrated themes across the age-range in the context of the requirements of the Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum.
Each case study has a different focus:
- science, design and technology
*’ the arts’- including an ICT strand
- ‘the humanities’ – including a physical education strand
English and mathematics dimensions run through each theme.The book is alive with discussion of children’s art, language, drama and music, captured as field notes, writing, drawing, and as video tape. Each chapter concludes with suggestions of ways in which readers can develop the ideas in their own contexts.
This book will be invaluable reading for students on Early Years courses, Early Years practitioners, and tutors and mentors in early childhood education.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $48.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.