Teaching K-6 Mathematics Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: April 2014
File Size: 7114 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
This developmentally sound, research-based, practical text speaks directly to preservice elementary mathematics students about the multitude of ways they can help their future students learn to see the power, beauty, necessity, and usefulness of mathematics in the world. Part 1 deals with guiding principles that permeate the text, while Parts 2-11 deal with the specific NCTM Standards for grades K-6. _ Teaching K-6 Mathematics:_
*is aligned with the current NCTM Curriculum and Evaluation Standards for School Mathematics; *
integrates content and methodology;
*emphasizes use of technology as a teaching/learning tool; *
stresses problem solving;
*provides basic information on current research in mathematics education; *
focuses on identification of error patterns and analysis;
*uses a down-to-earth, friendly writing style that engages the student rather than prescribing what to do; and *
includes many activities and exercises, including games, tricks, and amusements that can be used in the classroom to increase student interest in mathematics.
- Technology is integral throughout the text. Students are expected to perform Internet searches, investigate new sites appropriate for elementary students, sample new software that could be used in the classroom, and develop ways to blend calculators into the curriculum.
- Manipulatives are considered essential for students to learn elementary mathematics concepts. Cuisenaire rods, base 10- blocks, chips, number lines, and geoboards are all part of the manipulative landscape that is created in this text.
- Careful attention is given to blending rote work, developmental activities, fun, application, technology, manipulatives, assessment, and planning, so that prospective teachers become accustomed to using varied approaches and decision making as a curriculum is determined.
- Tricks, Activities, and Games (TAG) provide a wealth of ideas to attract students to learning mathematics.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $61.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.