Terrorism and Homeland Security: An Introduction with Applications Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Terrorism and Homeland Security: An Introduction with Applications provides a comprehensive introduction to the problem of terrorism and to its solution, Homeland Security. In addition to its extensive treatment of terrorism, the book describes public and private sector counterterrorism as well as all hazards emergency management. It presents national, state, and local perspectives and up-to-date information, including the reorganization of the Department of Homeland Security, the renewed Patriot Act, and intelligence reform.
This book covers a wide range of issues, including such topics as the effectiveness of terrorism; weapons of mass destruction; privatization of counterterrorism; and wars of globalization. Learning objectives and key terms outline chapter content and highlight important topics. Scenarios are placed at the beginning of each chapter to explain concepts and relate theory to practice. The book includes Reality Check sections and critical thinking boxes to help the reader to formulate alternative perspectives on issues and events in order to seek creative and improved solutions to problems. At the end of each chapter are discussion questions that reinforce content and provide an opportunity for the reader to review, synthesize, and debate the key issues; applications that use assessment center and red team techniques to help the student develop analytical and decision-making skills in the context of understanding the mindset and planning processes of terrorist; and web links that provide direction for additional resources, information, and research.
This book’s primary market are students attending community college homeland security programs, as well as state, federal, and private security training programs. Its secondary market are professionals of the Department of Homeland Security and security professionals belonging to ASIS.
- Learning objectives and key terms outline chapter content and highlight important topics.
- Scenarios are placed at the beginning of each chapter to explain concepts and relate theory to practice.
- “Reality Check” sections and critical thinking boxes help the reader to formulate alternative perspectives on issues and events in order to seek creative and improved solutions to problems.
- Discussion questions at the end of each chapter reinforce content and provide an opportunity for the reader to review, synthesize, and debate the key issues.
- Web links at the end of each chapter provide direction for additional resources, information, and research.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $67.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.