Thaddeus Stevens: The Making of an Inconvenient Hero Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Not until Lincoln, the epic blockbuster movie, was Thaddeus Stevens’ passion exposed regarding civil rights for black slaves. Until then, few knew Stevens’ importance in the passage of the Emancipation Proclamation and the thirteenth and fourteenth amendments to the U.S. Constitution. We applaud Dr. Webb in her efforts to recreate Thaddeus Stevens’ youth, here in Vermont, as a way to piece together historical events and his personal life. For any young student who feels unheard; for any student who is described as disabled; for any student whose parentage is different; for any student whose economic status feels disadvantaged, he or she need only look at Thaddeus Stevens. He chose hope over despair, victory over victimhood, and power over helplessness. -Julie Hansen, Director Thaddeus Stevens School, Lyndon Center, Vermont Thaddeus Stevens: The Making of an Inconvenient Hero is an exciting fictional story based on historical fact about “Thad” as a teenager-after his father deserted the family, leaving the family penniless. Brought to life with vivid descriptions and colorful scenes are Thad’s character, physical challenges, and the strong opinions and actions he took to help runaway slaves. Dr. Terry Webb writes historical fiction novels for all interested in United States history, and especially for ‘tweens and middle school students to learn about American culture and customs. Dr. Webb’s academic credentials include a Master’s degree in Education and a Doctorate degree in Family and Marriage Counseling/Addiction Intervention. Study modules accompany her books to enhance, enrich, and enlarge reader learning.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.35. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.