THE ACTIVITY OF NATURAL COMPOUNDS IN DISEASES PREVENTION AND THERAPY Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: January 2007
File Size: 7117 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
It is well documented that certain dietary factors have beneficial long term health effects in humans and may prevent age related diseases including cancer, CVD, infertility as well as neural disorders, to name only a few. The successful isolation of bioactive human foods over the last thirty years has led to the drastic changes in dietary recommendations and to the design and production of functional foods and supplements and also to the isolation and characterisation of new plant derived drugs which are used for the prevention and treatment of diseases. The present book is a compilation of articles concerning recent advances and achievements in this field. It covers a broad range of topics falling into this area and contains valuable information for researchers in the fields of biochemistry, food research and medical sciences. The beneficial properties of common beverages such as teas and coffee which have been elucidated over the last decades are extensively discussed in two review articles as well as the role of resveratrol, red wine constituents in prevention of heart diseases and cancer is described in a separate chapter. The positive effects of plant components such as phenolics and flavonoids against CHD, neural disorders and on platelet function are other important topics. Another field gaining increased attention in the last years concerns the impact of specific nutrients on immune functions, it is covered by a comprehensive review of Meyer et al. One of the hottest topics since many years are the consequences of oxidative stress and their prevention by dietary measures; it is addressed in the first chapter and partly also in a further more specific contribution concerning the protective effects of cell walls isolated from yeast and in other sections of the book. Among the key mechanisms by which many food compounds elicit protection towards diseases is the improvement of the stability of the genetic material and relevant information on antimutagenic properties of dietary factors can be found in the contribution of Stidl and co-workers who describe the inhibition of DNA damage by lactic acid bacteria contained in dietary foods and also in the article of Khader et al. concerning attempts to identify DNA protective effects in plants used in traditional medicine. The last chapter by Nersesyan and colleagues provides an outlook into the new field of nutrigenomics and describes the achievements and limitations encountered by the use of proteomic approaches in nutritional sciences. We anticipate that the readers will consider this book a useful source of information and stimulating in regard to the design and realisation of new research projects and experiments.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $153.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.