The American Practical Navigator - Bowditch Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
THE AMERICAN PRACTICAL NAVIGATOR by BOWDITCH is the best selling boating-book ever. It is the finest navigation book ever written. This is the latest eBook Professional Edition. Updated by National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency USA Government Publication. Although it appears intimidating, it’s actually quite readable. It happens also to be the very pinnacle of all marine navigation guides; all others refer to it and every navigator/pilot owns a copy. It’s enormous in both physical volume and weight. 885 pages. All 37 Chapters. Fully Illustrated. PART 1- FUNDAMENTALS CHAPTER 1. INTRODUCTION TO MARINE NAVIGATION. CHAPTER 2. GEODESY AND DATUMS IN NAVIGATION. CHAPTER 3. NAUTICAL CHARTS. CHAPTER 4. NAUTICAL PUBLICATIONS PART 2 – PILOTING CHAPTER 5. SHORT RANGE AIDS TO NAVIGATION. CHAPTER 6. COMPASSES. CHAPTER 7. DEAD RECKONING. CHAPTER 8. PILOTING. CHAPTER 9. TIDES AND TIDAL CURRENTS. PART 3 – ELECTRONIC NAVIGATION CHAPTER 10. RADIO WAVES. CHAPTER 11. SATELLITE NAVIGATION. CHAPTER 12. LORAN NAVIGATION. CHAPTER 13. RADAR NAVIGATION. CHAPTER 14. ELECTRONIC CHARTS. PART 4 – CELESTIAL NAVIGATION CHAPTER 15. NAVIGATIONAL ASTRONOMY. CHAPTER 16. INSTRUMENTS FOR CELESTIAL NAVIGATION. CHAPTER 17. AZIMUTHS AND AMPLITUDES. CHAPTER 18. TIME. CHAPTER 19. THE ALMANACS. CHAPTER 20. SIGHT REDUCTION. PART 5 – NAVIGATIONAL MATHEMATICS CHAPTER 21. NAVIGATIONAL MATHEMATICS. CHAPTER 22. CALCULATIONS AND CONVERSIONS. CHAPTER 23. NAVIGATIONAL ERRORS. CHAPTER 24. THE SAILINGS. PART 6 – NAVIGATIONAL SAFETY CHAPTER 25. NAVIGATION PROCESSES. CHAPTER 26. EMERGENCY NAVIGATION CHAPTER 27. NAVIGATION REGULATIONS. CHAPTER 28. MARITIME SAFETY SYSTEMS. CHAPTER 29. HYDROGRAPHY. PART 7 – OCEANOGRAPHY CHAPTER 30. THE OCEANS. CHAPTER 31. OCEAN CURRENTS. CHAPTER 32. WAVES, BREAKERS AND SURF. CHAPTER 33. ICE NAVIGATION. PART 8 – MARINE METEOROLOGY CHAPTER 34. WEATHER ELEMENTS. CHAPTER 35. TROPICAL CYCLONES. CHAPTER 36. WEATHER OBSERVATIONS. CHAPTER 37. WEATHER ROUTING.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $2.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.