The Anti-Pirate Potato Cannon Ebook
And 101 Other Things for Young Mariners to Build, Try, and Do on the Water
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Spark a passion for sailng and the outdoors in your child
From the Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards bronze medal winner!
Ever since humankind began seafaring, boats and shoreline adventures have produced sturdy, independent, creative, self-reliant kids. From the author of the bestselling Complete Sailor and proud father of a boy mariner, here is the book for all parents who want to introduce their kids to the world of boats, boating, sailing, the shore, and the sea. It provides dozens of adventures and activities for kids, and a plethora of projects for you and your kids to do together.
Topics range from how-to to fanciful, in random organization so that each excursion into the book turns up unrelated gems on facing pages. The Anti-Pirate Potato Cannon encourages your kid to get outdoors and on the water, to build things, to try things, to cultivate their curiosity, to learn self-reliance, and to get a giant dose of the magic of seaside adventure.
- Loaded with things for kids to do—build a rope ladder; build a Huck Finn raft from PVC pipe; catch and fillet a fish; go crabbing; skip a stone; body surf; waterski on bare feet; chart a cove; learn the great sea battles; build a sandcastle; navigate; win a sailboat race; paddle a sea kayak; and a whole lot more.
- Designed to cultivate a kid’s curiosity about the natural world.
Where’s the wind coming from; How high is that wave; An anti-pirate potato cannon; Brew your own biofuel; Make a dugout canoe; Build a Huck Finn raft from PVC pipe; Skip a stone; Build a sandcastle; Carve a paddle; Row a boat Escape a rip current; Go kite sailing; Navigate by the stars; Carve a half-hull model; What’s on the bottom; A journey to the abyss; Don’t wrestle an alligator; A dinghy camper; How to dive with mask and snorkel; Build a motorboat from cardboard tubes; Body surf; Recognize ships; Discipline in the Age of Sail: cat-o-nine tails, hanging from the yardarms; Steer without a rudder; Chapter 25. Tie up to a dock; Reading a lines drawing; Whatever floats your boat; Play nautical capture the flag; Paddle a sea kayas; Build a rowboat; Signal across the water; Capture plankton in a net; Tie knots and splices; Make a rope ladder; Make a chart of your favorite cove; Throw your own beach clam bake; Make a catboat-race weather vane; Fight off a shark; Heave a monkey’s fist; Ski on your own bare feet; Fillet a fish… and cook it on your engine; Your own ditty bag; A proper sailor’s knife; How to stand up on a PWC; How to get up on a wakeboard; Go clamming; Build a human pyramid on water skis; How to poop in a boat: How marine heads work; Diver’s tube raft; Submarine a PWC; Survive a sinking; Finding east or west All you need is the north star; The bosun’s pipe; Ships in a bottle; Five sea battles that changed history; Use the five secrets of winning a sailboat race; Make a viewing bucket to see underwater; Cast a fly; Survive a hurricane; The Eskimo roll; Stow that chart; Goggles from a soda bottle; Find fish fast; Repair a sail; Whalewatching; Go on a plastics hunt; Don’t be left in the dark; Pets at sea: how to train your cat or dog for boating; The green and clean boat; Ride the disk; Go crabbing; Careers at sea; Pass your boating license exam; Origins of sea terms; The best way to coil rope; Carve a slalom turn; Keeping watch; Throwing a cast net; Keep what you catch- start an aquarium; Heroes of the Sea: Shackleton, Slocum, Day, Knox-Johnston, Heyerdahl, etc.; Books & Stories (Three Men in a Boat, Crunch and Des, Riddle of the Sands, Swallows and Amazons); Stage paintball sea battles; Read the messages in clouds; Get unlost in the fog: sager forecaster; Know how to handle waves; Semaphore signals; Glacier surfing; Great voyages by young mariners; Make a weather station
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $31.85. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.