The Australia Stories Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: April 2003
File Size: 143 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 15.23% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Haunted by the deaths of his mother and grandmother, both of whom perished while hiking through Australia’s Blue Mountains, Sam Browne returns to the country of his mother’s birth in search of his family’s history and a way to make a place for himself within it. By reading his grandmother’s memoirs, Sam begins to connect to his family’s ancestral home and understand the reasons that she and her daughter after her were so drawn to the Australian landscape and the mystery found there. Drawing upon Australian culture and Aborigine mythology, The Australia Stories captures the strong hold that a place can have upon a person and the way a family’s legacy can live on in the present. About the Author Todd James Pierce was raised in California and is a graduate of UC Irvine’s MFA program and of Florida State’s Ph.D. program. His short stories and other writings have been included in more than fifty magazines and journals nationwide, including The Missouri Review, The North American Review, Fiction, Shenandoah, and The Indiana Review. He has lived in Australia and now resides with his wife in Tallahassee, Florida. The Australia Stories is his first novel. From the author The Australia Stories is the story of Sam Browne’s family-his famous grandmother who goes missing while hiking across the Outback and his mother who tries to fill the space left in her wake. But for me the novel began one spring afternoon when I was in Sydney with a friend and his grandfather, Mr. May. I’d just graduated from college and was teaching high school in Australia. After lunch we walked down to the water, right by the Harbour Bridge. We stood there a long time, the spring sun slanting down on us, and I noticed how Mr. May kept looking up at the bridge, the skin crinkling at the corners of his eyes. That bridge was a beautiful structure, a large steel arch spanning the harbor. Locals called it “The Coat Hanger” because of its shape. Mr. May told me something then that I’d never known: when he was a young man, during the Depression, he’d helped build that bridge, first with quarry work and later by carrying tools for men who were experienced in welding. I never forgot the way he looked at it, the longing visible in his face, and I never forgot what he said, “It’ll be here long after I’m gone.” I carried that day with me for a long time because I understood he was contemplating something I’d never considered: what it means to have a full life and what it means to leave it. Eventually Mr. May became my inspiration for the character Gregory, and eventually I understood that Gregory was married to one of my heroines, the woman who disappeared in the Outback. Gregory and his wife had children, and their children had children, one of whom turned out to be Sam Browne, the narrator of this book. It wasn’t until the following year, until I’d written the first two sections, that I learned my novel would be a love story as well.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $4.23. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.