The Backchannel Ebook
How Audiences are Using Twitter and Social Media and Changing Presentations Forever
Publication Date: November 2009
File Size: 7082 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 25.62% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version.
Armed with laptops, cell phones, smartphones, and other devices, audiences have taken control through the backchannel. The intersection of frustrated audiences with unaware presenters can often create dramatic and public breakdowns of communication and even mob mentality. In this book, master presenter Cliff Atkinson shows that if the changes are harnessed and the conversation with audiences properly handled, the outcome can be a new, more effective form of communication.
At the South by Southwest Interactive Festival in 2008, audience members using Twitter confronted a presenter during her interview with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg when they thought she was straying off track. At SXSW 2009, Guy Kawasaki called out to the audience, “Who is Mary Ann?” and when she raised her hand, he directly asked her why she was calling him a vulgar name Twitter!
Far from being isolated incidents, these examples are signs of the future of live presentations, when audience members shift from passive recipients to active participants, and even presenters become more assertive in engaging the audience. The Backchannel describes the massive impact of social technology on the live presentation environment, and what audiences and presenters can do to take advantage of the situation. The book presumes the reader is unfamiliar with social media, Web 2.0, blogging, or Twitter, and will introduce these important concepts and tools as they relate to the book.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $20.82. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.