The Birth of Plenty: How the Prosperity of the Modern World was Created Ebook
How the Prosperity of the Modern World was Created: How the Prosperity of the Modern World was Created
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
FROM THE BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF THE INTELLIGENT ASSET ALLOCATOR
Praise for The Birth of Plenty:
“Bill Bernstein has given us a compact and immensely readable economic, political, military, and institutional history of our civilization that is a tour de force . Put everything else down. Take a deep breath. Open The Birth of Plenty. And prepare to be amazed.
—John C. Bogle, Founder and Former CEO, The Vanguard Group
" The Birth of Plenty is a brilliantly written, whirlwind account of how the modern world was formed. It is a hugely enjoyable read, full of vigor and liveliness, and a book every American should possess—at least those who treasure our abundant life and care about our future."
—William Schultheis, Author, The Coffeehouse Investor
“Put simply, this is my favorite economic history book. It gathers what is interesting about economic history to draw important lessons.”
—Ed Tower, Professor of Economics, Duke University
“William Bernstein scrutinizes the research literature, distills it with originality and insight, then shares the results with classic Bernstein clarity and wit. Ideologues on both political wings should prepare to have their assumptions challenged.”
—Bernard Sherman, Host, Talk of Iowa – Focus on Finance radio show
A daring look at the development of human prosperity—how it was created, and where it’s headed
In the breakthrough spirit of Against the Gods , William Bernstein’s The Birth of Plenty has the topical uniqueness and storytelling panache to literally create its own category and reader. Based upon the premise that mankind experienced virtually zero economic growth from the dawn of time until 1820, this provocative, bigpicture book identifies the four conditions necessary for sustained economic progress—property rights, scientific rationalism, capital markets, and communications and transportation technology— and then analyzes their gradual appearance and impact throughout every corner of the globe. Filled with bestselling author William Bernstein’s trademark meticulous research and page-turning writing style, The Birth of Plenty explores:
- Where the world economy could be headed next
- Implications of the book’s thesis for today’s society
- How the absence of one or more of the conditions continues to threaten beleaguered regions
Rare is the book that proposes an entirely new premise, validates that premise with inarguable research and analysis, and then explains beyond question both the relevance and the implications of its premise to the reader and the world at large. The Birth of Plenty is just such a book. From its unique, topical subject matter to its tremendous review potential, this insightful book will be one of the most talked-about volumes of the publishing season.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $27.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.