The Blog Ahead: How Citizen Generated Media Is Tilting the Communications Balance Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: April 2006
File Size: 1255 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 18.44% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
THE BLOG AHEAD One of the Internet pioneers takes a look at the impact-and future-of the Blog Revolution. Ideas are flashing around the world at light speed, and R. SCOTT HALL, an Internet pioneer from the early days at CompuServe and online entrepreneur, explores and brilliantly illuminates the way blogs are transforming the way human beings connect minds. Bloggers, Hall maintains, are at the forefront of the greatest change in the life of the mind since the Gutenberg press. Individuals with no establishment connections or entrée can connect with millions worldwide, relying solely on the power of their ideas and their prose to get-and influence-an audience that print journalists and authors could only dream of. Communities of interest, unlimited by time and space, are springing into existence: now they are even exerting force on the traditional levers of power. Hall gives a trenchant, often humorous, analysis of this revolution in the human Zeitgeist, ranging from politics, to media, to the arts. Here’s some of the fascinating terrain he covers in his analysis of how blogging is reshaping the world of ideas, affecting global public opinion and mass media: This new form of horizontal communication is examined and compared to its (feeble) predecessors Blogging runs smack-dab into the Rear Guard, and both sides end up blinking The remunerated wordsmiths test the new blogging waters for unmined gold Businesses from the Drucker Era bow down to the great god Gates The next generation of leaders master the tools they will use The dank world of geekery meets the high-wattage expectations of aesthetics The blogosphere auto-assembles-and becomes a powerful force for change Finally, Hall assembles a list of “Axioms of Blogosophy”: principles for the first true citizens of the world. This survey of the world of blogs is only a sampling of the wonderful, surprising, and occasionally repulsive experiences that await the undaunted armchair explorer of the blogosphere.- R. Scott Hall
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $20.35. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.