The Butcher's Daughter: The Story of an Army Nurse with ALS Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Sandra Lesher Stuban has written an inspirational autobiography about dealing with a devastating medical diagnosis. She grew up in rural Pennsylvania, the daughter of a butcher who instilled in her the solid values she would use throughout her adult life. She attended nursing school in Philadelphia, and after graduation, she joined the Army. She shares her adventures as an Army nurse and her successful career as a military officer. She was serving as a Lieutenant Colonel, when, at the age of thirty-eight, she was diagnosed with a chronically progressive disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also called Lou Gehrig’s disease. She was given a prognosis of two to three years to live, and was medically retired from the Army. She advanced quickly from being a strong, physically fit military officer, to being a ventilator dependent quadriplegic. She shares this journey of progressive paralysis along with her insights on living with a disability. Her perspective on the importance of family and friends, dependence on caregivers, raising a young son, and having a strong survivor’s attitude, will be a source of inspiration for anyone facing such an obstacle in the road. She has lived with ALS for fourteen years, and still counting!
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.