The Chemistry and Pharmacology of Taxol® and its Derivatives Ebook
Publication Date: June 1995
File Size: 12992 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Taxol®, a naturally occurring diterpenoid is one of the most exciting antitumor drugs available today. Its current indications (refractory ovarian and metastatic breast cancer) may soon be expanded since the drug is showing activity against lung and head-and-neck cancers.
The book opens with a review of the naturally occurring taxoids, a chapter which is not a comprehensive list of all taxoids isolated to date, but attempts a systematic approact to describing the different classes of taxoids, with particular reference to all skeletal types and the various functionality patterns. Biosynthetic studies are also discussed, as well as some of the basic chemistry and common functionalities of taxoidic skeleton. Structural identification of taxoids, mostly by spectroscopic means; the formulation of taxanes; the metabolism and pharmacokinetics of Taxol® are also discussed, as are the chemistry of taxanes in relation to SAR studies; SAR aspects of the phenylisoserine side chain; and the mode of action of the taxanes and the mechanisms of resistance.
The book is therefore written for medical chemists, in order to stimulate further research in this area and to provide the reader with the necessary background information to start a research program in the area.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $256.33. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.