The Creating Brain: The Neuroscience of Genius Ebook
Publication Date: November 2005
File Size: 1590 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Where does the unique originality we call “creativity” come from? Can anybody be creative? Michelangelo was a stonecutter’s son, and Shakespeare the son of a middleclass businessman. What causes some people to soar free of their limited lives and make astonishingly creative contributions? In her fascinating tour of creativity and the brain, Nancy Andreasen, professor of psychiatry at the University of Iowa and the winner of the National Medal of Science, shows us that creativity is not the same as intelligence, nor the same as skill. Rather, we discover, the essence of creativity is to shape the materials of life in new and unexpected ways. Andreasen explores how the human brain achieves creative breakthroughs-in art, literature, music, and science-the role of genes and environment, extraordinary creativity vs. ordinary creativity, the possession of a omnivorous vision, the value of not having a “standard education,” and the question of “genius and insanity”. The author examines what extraordinary creators such as Mozart, Henri Poincaré, and Coleridge, said about creating and how their insights reflect particular qualities of creative people and the creative process. She includes her fascinating interview with the playwright Neil Simon in which he described how his mind and brain work. Andreasen also shows how her studies of participants in the Iowa Writer’s Workshop and other evidence suggest that, while creativity often may be inherited and may sometimes be associated with mental disorders, neither is inevitable or necessary for creativity to flourish. The Creating Brain offers insight into what creates the creative brain, and offers advice to nurture it in both children and adults.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $10.71. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.