The Criminal Justice System: An Introduction Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
A comprehensive and accessible overview of the Criminal Justice System, its framework, institutions, practitioners and working methods that will be of interest to any reader seeking an up-to-date description of this important and historic sphere of public life. An informative, practical handbook that describes the wide-ranging developments and changes that have taken place in relation to crime prevention, public safety and the punishment of offenders. Highly acclaimed since first published in 1995, this new extensively updated edition covers the entire spectrum of the criminal process against a backdrop of the Common Law, legislation and human rights from investigation and arrest to trial, sentence, release from prison and parole, as well as such key reforms as the Ministry of Justice and new-style Home Office: Investigation, arrest and charge The police and policing The Crown Prosecution Service The courts of law Trial and sentence Appeal and review Due process Judges and magistrates Law officers The Criminal Defence Service Advocates and legal representation Victims and witnesses Interpreters The Youth Justice System The National Offender Management Service The Probation Service HM Prison Service Imprisonment and parole Independent Monitoring Board The private sector The voluntary sector Strategy Criminal policy Cabinet committees Partnership and working together Community justice Restorative justice Constitutional affairs and human rights Accountability, oversight, inspection and monitoring Guidelines, codes, protocols and Best Practice With a Glossary of Words, Phrases, Acronyms and Abbreviations. A closely observed analysis of the twenty-first century Criminal Justice System which can be read on its own or in conjunction with the ‘top-down’ descriptions in The New Ministry of Justice and The New Home Office. Bryan Gibson is a barrister-at-law and editor-in-chief, Waterside Press. Paul Cavadino is chief executive of Nacro.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $39.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.