The Dead Celebrity Cookbook Ebook
A Resurrection of Recipes from More Than 145 Stars of Stage and Screen
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
If you’ve ever fantasized about feasting on Frank Sinatra’s Barbecued Lamb, lunching on Lucille Ball’s “Chinese-y Thing,” diving ever-so-neatly into Joan Crawford’s Poached Salmon, or wrapping your lips around Rock Hudson’s cannoli- and really, who hasn’t? – hold on to your oven mitts!
In _ The Dead Celebrity Cookbook: A Resurrection of Recipes by 150 Stars of Stage and Screen,_ Frank DeCaro-the flamboyantly funny Sirius XM radio personality best known for his six-and-a-half-year stint as the movie critic on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart- collects hundreds of recipes passed on from legendary stars of stage and screen, proving that before there were celebrity chefs, there were celebrities who fancied themselves chefs.
Their all-but-forgotten recipes-rescued from out-of-print cookbooks, musty biographies, vintage magazines, and dusty pamphlets-suggest a style of home entertaining ripe for reexamination if not revival, while reminding intrepid gourmands that, for better or worse, Hollywood doesn’t make celebrities (or cooks) like it used to.
Farrah Fawcett’s Sausage and Peppers
Liberace’s Sticky Buns
Bette Davis’s Red Flannel Hash
Bea Arthur’s Good Morning Mushroom Tomato Toast
Dudley Moore’s Crème Brûlée
Gypsy Rose Lee’s Portuguese Fish Chowder
John Ritter’s Famous Fudge
Andy Warhol’s Ghoulish Goulash
Vincent Price’s Pepper Steak
Johnny Cash’s Old Iron Pot Family-Style Chili
Vivian Vance’s Chicken Kiev
Sebastian Cabot’s Avocado Surprise
Lawrence Welk’s Vegetable Croquettes
Ann Miller’s Cheese Soufflé
Jerry Orbach’s Trifle
Totie Fields’s Fruit Mellow
Irene Ryan’s Tipsy Basingstoke
Klaus Nomi’s Key Lime Tart
Richard Deacon’s Bitter and Booze
And many other meals from breakfast to dessert.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $16.40. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.