The Ecuadorian Highlands Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Weather patterns, including rainfall that in some places exceeds even the levels of the Ecuadorian Amazon, combine with a varied topography to create unique ecological life zones on the coast. Flora and fauna in some areas are more typical of Colombia and Central America. Endemic animal species abound and tropical forests meet the crashing waves of the Pacific Ocean. The region inland from Borbón, along the Río Cayapas and within the Cotacachi-Cayapas Reserve, protects the least-disturbed tropical lowland rainforest in western Ecuador, which is home to species that exist only here. Heading south, the land along the coast is much drier, although pockets of the less-developed lowlands, just a bit inland, are covered with lush cloud forests, the result of thick coastal fog that inundates the land for many months each year. Here, magnificent birds, many of them endemic, prosper along with howler monkeys and the nocturnal kinkajou. On the southern stretches of the Ecuadorian coast you will encounter ecological life zones that you would not expect in a tropical Latin American country, much less in one situated right on the equator. As opposed to the stark and rugged topography of the Andes or the tropical rainforests of the Oriente, the south coast is almost desert-like in appearance. Yet these dry forests and scrubland areas adjoin moist cloud forests and rich mangrove estuaries. And some of the cloud forests, particularly those in the Colonche range of southwestern Ecuador, offer exceptional wildlife viewing, hiking, and horseback riding through some of the least explored parts of the country. Generally, the land transforms into dry tropical forest as you head south. The coastal desert begins near the border between Ecuador and Peru. Mangrove estuaries, shrimp farms, and sandy beaches lie in-between, while banana plantations dominate the lowlands and premontane cloud forests struggle to remain intact. The major hub and international entry point is Guayaquil, which is a good base from which to organize tours into the coastal region. This guide covers the entire coast, with details on the sights, things to do, places to stay and eat, plus the music, arts, fiestas and all the practical information you need. An extensive introduction provides travel information about Ecuador as a whole, with details about the history, culture, how to get here and how to get around. “This unique region provides more geographic, biological and recreational diversity than any other country in Latin America. It has Darwin’s Galapagos islands, misty cloud forests, the snow-capped Andes and the Amazon Basin. The natural attractions are unparalleled. This book is the ultimate resource for travelers. With an eye toward ecotourism, it’s packed with practical travel tips and full of details about the region’s unique cultures.” — Amazon customer. "Provides all the suggestions and tools necessary to put together an outstanding trip… candid… " — The Bookwatch. “Adventure Guides aim to deliver content… Moderately-priced and truly user-friendly, they are packed with information that other series rarely cover.” — Library Journal
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.