The Entrepreneurial State in China Ebook
Real Estate and Commerce Departments in Reform Era Tianjin
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: October 2006
File Size: 850 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Jane Duckett describes in detail new state business activities in China and explains why they have appeared. Using research on the northern city of Tianjin during the 1990s, she argues that individual departments, within the Chinese state, are involved in the market economy through the establishment of their own businesses. The book demonstrates that many of these businesses are genuinely entrepreneurial in the sense of profit-seeking, risk-taking and productive, rather than rent-seeking, speculative or profiteering.
This entrepreneurialism is an important new dimension of state activity in China with implications for our understanding of the Chinese state. This book develops an alternative to the local government state model and emphasises instead the State’s dynamic, entrepreneurial role in the process of economic reform.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $54.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.