The Environmental Consequences of Growth Ebook
Steady-State Economics as an Alternative to Ecological Decline
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: June 2006
File Size: 605 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
This book presents a new perspective on the link between economic growth and environmental change. All the key issues in environmental economics are covered, including:
- industry, creation and environmental change
- air, water and toxic pollution
- economic growth and the limits of environmental regulation
- ethics and the limits of environmental economics.
The central thesis is that whilst new industries are necessary for economic growth, their development creates new environmental problems which become difficult to reverse. An alternative approach, ‘steady-state economics’, based on the concept of ethical commitment, is put forward as a possible alternative to a high-growth, environmentally destructive economy. Providing a welcome alternative to conventional, neoclassical microeconomic thought on environmental issues, this will be vital reading for students of environmental economics and related subjects.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $83.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.