The Essence of Nursing Practice: Philosophy and Perspective Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
This one-of-a-kind book provides an in-depth analysis of nursing practice as a concept and area of study, rather than as an aggregation of specific techniques and skills. The text addresses the essential features of nursing practice using a five-level nursing framework developed by the author. This framework promotes a deep understanding of how nursing should be holistically practiced rather than focusing on particular nursing competencies. The book stresses the importance of developing a multifaceted, adaptable approach to nursing that integrates all of its complexities, including philosophy, knowledge and knowing, and situational contingencies. Also addressed are the integral components of nursing practice, including essential tools, collaboration, knowledge application, competence, expertise, and quality of practice.
The book discusses and analyzes the five levels of nursing practice-the nursing perspective, nursing knowledge for practice, the philosophy of nursing practice, the dimension of nursing practice, and the process of nursing practice-to provide a model for how nursing should be practiced in order to better serve patients and advance knowledge for practice. With its in-depth perspective and unique focus, the book draws from nursing knowledge, but also from the fields of philosophy and the social sciences. As such, it analyzes the essential features and characteristics of nursing practice through a broader lens. The book also includes a comprehensive bibliography from nursing, philosophy, and social sciences literature. It is designed as both a text for graduate-level nursing students and as an authoritative reference for practicing nurses, educators, and researchers.
- Presents a five-level analytical model of nursing practice developed by the author
- Provides an in-depth examination of the essential features and dimensions of nursing practice using this analytical model
- Addresses the essential tools of nursing practice; collaborative practice, knowledge application, and competence; expertise; and quality of practice
- Includes a comprehensive bibliography relevant to the study of nursing practice from nursing, philosophy, and the social sciences
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $64.75. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.