The Essential Guide to Public Health and Health Promotion Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
In the twenty-first century, public health is everyone’s business. The nursing and medical professions are well placed to provide advice to their clients, especially in respect to lifestyle change, and public health initiatives are supported by a range of statutory and voluntary organisations and health workers, ranging from health promotion specialists to smoking cessation advisers and nutrition assistants.
Designed to help readers develop the practical skills they need to become effective public health practitioners, this concise text gives an easily digested overview of public health and health promotion theory in accessible language and diagrams, before moving on to the ways readers can apply this in practice.
Providing an opportunity for practitioners to understand possible barriers to lifestyle change, debate health inequalities and responsibilities, and explore the role of the media in changing attitudes, it:
- Outlines the roles of specific organisations involved in the work of public health work.
- Covers health needs assessment, agenda setting and the technical aspects of how to research plan and evaluate effective practice either with individual clients or when devising programmes and initiatives for population groups.
- Details methods of helping people with motivation for lifestyle change, building rapport, ongoing support, monitoring and signposting to specific services.
- Discusses role of neighbourhoods and communities in improving health and how workers may support local populations to improve the health of their community.
The Essential Guide to Public Health_ and Health Promotion is an accessible introduction to the principles and practice of health promotion and public health for all those new to working or studying in the area, whatever their professional background.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $52.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.