The Ethic of Advocacy Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
School psychologists have an ethical obligation to be advocates for students. However, the ethical principles of the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) do not define what it means for school psychologists to be advocates for students, except through the inferences that may be drawn from what school psychologists must be, and do, in order to comply with the NASP ethical principles. This dissertation proposed a definition of advocacy, which was then presented to a focus group of school psychology experts, to an expert panel, and then researched through a census survey of the Colorado Society of School Psychologists (CSSP), preceded by cognitive interviews and a small pilot study. This dissertation explored the perceptions of CSSP members regarding their ethical obligation to be advocates for students, including students entitled to a free appropriate public education (FAPE) under the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Survey respondents were queried to determine their responses to the researcher’s proposed definition of advocacy; how prepared they believed they were to be advocates for students, including students with disabilities; the circumstances within which the need for advocacy was presented; the capabilities necessary to be advocates; and the barriers and enablers of advocacy. There were strong majorities of agreement with the researcher’s proposed definition of advocacy, with the qualification that some concerns were expressed over the meanings of “persuasive” and “ethical character.” There were strong majorities of agreement that school psychologists needed more education in advocacy in order to be better prepared as advocates. There were strong majorities of agreement that school psychologists should advocate for students; but survey participants also found advocating for students to be more problematic when the circumstances of this advocacy brought students into potential conflict with school district financial concerns and with job security for the school psychologist. Survey participants generally thought that good collaborative skills were necessary capabilities for effective advocacy by school psychologists, but they were divided over whether the capability to be adversarial with school staff and parents was necessary for effective advocacy. Responses from survey participants also indicated that conflicts between multiple clients of the school psychologist may be potential barriers to effective advocacy for students, and hence better resolution of such conflicts might enable better advocacy for students.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $18.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.