The Faces of Televisual Media: Teaching, Violence, Selling To Children Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: October 2003
File Size: 994 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
This collection offers original, state-of-the-art contributions from leading authorities in children’s televisual media. International researchers from communication and psychology provide readers with ready access to current televisual research, trends, and policymaking/political climate issues pertaining to children. This second edition provides a current summary of studies on content, viewing patterns, comprehension, effects, and individual differences in instructional and educational programming, televisual entertainment and violence programming, and televisual advertising to children.
Editors Edward L. Palmer and Brian M. Young have structured the volume into three sections examining the “faces” of television: the Teaching (instructional/educational) Face, the Violent Face, and the Selling (advertising) Face. Chapters within each section identify and focus recurrent themes while integrating them topically into a coherent whole. Each area incorporates new technologies and considers their potentials, effects, and future. Subjects featured in the various chapters include:
*cross-cultural and historical comparisons with an in-depth perspective on the BBC and other European/Asian televisual media roots, as well as America’s formative televisual media roots; *
an examination of key differences between developed and developing countries;
*implications of emerging instructional/educational media for children’s education—addressing both cognitive and multi-ethnic aspects; and *
prominent, informed challenge to the prevailing popular view that children are unaffected and unharmed by exposure to media violence.
This volume informs ongoing debates across a broad spectrum of current, critical issues, and suggests avenues for future research. It is pertinent and provocative for the most sophisticated scholar in the field, as well as for students in areas of developmental or social psychology, communication, education, sociology, marketing, broadcasting and film, public policy, advertising, and medicine/pediatrics. It is also appropriate for courses in children, media, and society.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $66.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.