The Faith of FDR -From President Franklin D. Roosevelt's Public Papers 1933-1945 Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: March 2006
File Size: 7560 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 27.0% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT was President for over 12 years, longer than any other. He won four Presidential Elections, 1932, 1936, 1940, 1944, and was in office during the Great Depression and World War II. Regardless if one agrees with his politics, he exerted a significant influence on U.S. history. It is inevitable that a serious student would want to examine his faith. Since political rhetoric is the lowest common denominator-appealing to the largest number of voters-FDR’s statements reflect a public with generally accepted views on faith. Statements are from nearly 4,000 pages of FDR’s Public Papers 1933-1945, with the exception of the foreword he wrote for a 1941 edition Gideons New Testament distributed to millions of military personnel. WE ARE INSPIRED by a faith that goes back to the first chapter of the Book of Genesis: ‘God created man in His own image.’Jan 6, 1942 I KNEW THAT some day Russia would return to religion for the simple reason that five thousand years of recorded history have proven that mankind has always believed in God in spite of the many abortive attempts to exile God.Feb 10, 1940 WE FACE ONE of the great choices of history-religion against godlessness.July 19, 1940, accepting Democrat Nomination DEMOCRACY IS THE birthright of every citizen, the white and the colored; the Protestant, the Catholic, the Jew.Nov 4, 1940 NAZI ARE AS ruthless as the Communists in the denial of God.May 27, 1941 I HOPE THAT you have re-read the Constitution-Like the Bible, it ought to be read again and again.Mar 9, 1937 THOSE FORCES HATE democracy because it is Christian. They oppose Christianity because it preaches democracy.Nov 1, 1940 THE AMERICAN PEOPLE…have watched with sympathetic interest the effort of the Jews to renew in Palestine the ties of their ancient homeland…It gives me great pleasure to send my warm greetings.Feb 6, 1937 READ FDR ON:- Nazi terror-We are against those…substituting terror for law-We will accept only a world consecrated to…freedom from terror-Denouncing Nazi murder of French hostages-Insane desire to wipe out the Jewish race-No nation can appease the Nazis…There is no reasoning with an incendiary bomb-Certain things in regard to the defense of the United States should be kept confidential-Persons supposed to be peaceful visitors were actually part of an enemy unit…spies, saboteurs-There are also American citizens, who, unwittingly, are aiding and abetting the work of these agents-Our enemies have performed a brilliant feat of deception…I do not think any American has doubt of our ability to administer punishment to the perpetrators-We intend to bring this battle to him on his own home grounds-We will gain the inevitable triumph-so help us God. WE CANNOT READ the history of our rise…as a nation, without reckoning with the place the Bible has occupied in shaping the Republic…Where we have been the truest in obeying its precepts, we have attained the greatest measure of …prosperity.Oct 6, 1935 YOUR GOVERNMENT IS working at all times with representatives of the Catholic, Protestant, and Jewish faiths.Oct 28, 1940 WE GUARD AGAINST the forces of anti-Christian aggression, which may attack us from without.Oc. 28, 1940 WE SHALL BE DEFENDING…a way of life that has let men hold up their heads and admit no master but God.Sep 2, 1940 THE PRESERVATION OF these rights is vital…to the whole future of Christian civilization.Sep 1, 1941 NAZIS ANNOUNCED THEIR plan for enforcing their…pagan religion all over the world-a plan by which the Holy Bible and the Cross of Mercy would be displaced by Mein Kampf and the swastika.Jan 6, 1942 WE WILL CELEBRATE this Christmas Day…because the teachings of Christ are fundamental in our lives.Dec 24, 1944 THERE IS NOT room enough on earth for German militarism and Christian decency.Mar 1, 1945
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.30. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.