The Family Made of Dust: A Novel of Loss and Rebirth in the Australian Outback Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
WINNER OF TWO NATIONAL LITERARY AWARDS
TOP SELECTION FOR A NATIONAL BOOK AWARD
“One of the best novels in ten years.” Hackney Literary Awards Committee
Destined to become the next The Book Thiefby Markus Zusak.
For fans of_ Small Great Things_by Jodi Picoult,_ Before We Were Yours_by Lisa Wingate, and_ Orphan Train_by Christina Baker Kline.
In this thrilling debut novel ranked alongside Pulitzer Prize winners William Styron and Horton Foote, a gripping search for a missing friend unearths the price one boy paid for brutal adoption policies.
Gabriel Branch is a man displaced. Having lost his boyhood family to a government’s attempt at genocide, his emotions balance on a razor’s edge. Then his best friend disappears in the vast Australian desert. The only clue is an Aboriginal artifact that leads Gabe back to the land of his birth.
As he searches for his friend, long-suppressed memories resurface. Memories of the uncle who swung him up into a tree and called him Little Breeze. Memories of the mother he lost. Memories of the candy the social workers used to lure him away from his Outback home.
Vast, dangerous and beautiful,_ The Family Made of Dust_is a remarkable story about the special relationships families can treasure even when they have been broken apart…and how a spare and beautiful landscape can resurrect that which we hold so dear.
Comparable titles: _ If I Stay_ by Gayle Forman, Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng, The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy, Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson, The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, Atonement by Ian McEwan, _ Two By Two_ by Nicholas Sparks, Home by Harlan Coben, _ Cross the Line_ by James Patterson, Commonwealth by Ann Patchett, _ The Wonder_ by Emma Donoghue, and Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly.
Laine Cunningham’s books are included in the fantastic fiction found on “books to read” and “good books to read” lists curated on online book review sites. Bookworms have compared her stories to bestselling books that garner recommended reading notes by bookstore employees. Browse the full selection of her fiction and nonfiction titles at Amazon books, Books-A-Million, Barnes & Noble, and your local independent bookstore.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.60. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.