The Forerunner Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Kahlil Gibran, (1883-1931) best selling author and spiritual guide, was a man in search of himself and his place in the world. He was a writer and painter, based in the USA, . An immigrant from Lebanon at the beginning of the 20th century, he wrote with one eye on his homeland; and with a restless questioning spirit. As one of his teachers’ records, ‘he had an impetuous soul, a rebellious mind and an eye mocking everything it sees.’ Kahlil wished to write small books that could be read in one sitting and carried in the pocket. Between 1918- 1926, he wrote four such books, and these were his first in English: The Madman (1918); the Forerunner (1920); Sand and Foam (1926) and The Prophet (1923). The first three are collections of parables and aphorisms, which in true Eastern style, draw on a world of kings, hermits, saints, slaves, deserts, animals that talk and wind that laughs. The Prophet, which was to become enduringly popular, is different; a prose piece which is longer and partly auto-biographical. In the story, a young man prepares to leave for his homeland; but first he must say goodbye to those he has lived amongst for the previous twelve years. The book is his farewell speech, touching on love, friendship, children, joy, sorrow and much else besides. Summing up the message of the book, Gibran said this: ‘The whole prophet is saying one thing: ’You are far far greater than you know- and all is well.’ Only in his private letters do we get a glimpse of the man for whom all was not well. Fiercely individual, he found no enduring rest in any relationship; and ever dismissive of authority, he was a unifier in the face of exclusive religious claims. ‘I love you when you bow in your mosque; kneel in your temple; pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.’ ‘Half of what I say is meaningless,’ he wrote. ‘But I say it so that the other half may reach you.’ Through Gibran’s writing, much has reached many.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $3.11. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.