The FOX & the HAWK Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: May 2016
File Size: 1350 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
“The Fox and the Hawk” Is Unusual Love Prose with Teaching Moments, Newest From Madison Avenue Publishers
“The Fox and the Hawk,” is a refreshingly original short story with teaching moments for readers 7-years-old and up. Written by Barbara Kennedy (MPH/MSW), the story develops as does the tenuous relationship between a (girl) Fox and a (boy) Hawk, who start off with seemingly nothing in common except that they’re hanging from the same tree at the same time of year near a ranch in the American Southwest.
We first meet Fox sunbathing on a grassy knoll one morning, daydreaming, and without a care in the world. A dark shadow blocking the sun alerts her to a buzzard, and she races off to her foxhole to hide. But just as she ventures out again, sure the coast is clear, she is grabbed by the nape of the neck, snatched off her feet, and flies through the air. dropped down on a tree branch by Hawk–the overseer of the area–who has, it turns out, and a good thing, just rescued her from a pack of approaching coyote. He is put off by Fox’s lack of gratitude as he risks his own life to intercept the coyotes’ plans. But Fox focuses on her pinched neck, may have issued the word ‘barbarian.’
Thus, Fox appears to be a self-involved redhead and Hawk, an arrogant, self-important tree-dweller. But there’s more to both than meets the eye, and as they bump into each other in the forest and spar, they learn about the other, coming to terms with their differences that are suddenly strengths. They work towards trust and closeness, and maybe, someday, a kiss. Or not. Who knows? You decide.
Kennedy says the story can be read on two different levels: by children, who will see some of the differences, like the worms. Fox just assumed that Hawk would eat worms–don’t all birds eat them for breakfast? But mostly they want everyone to be safe and happy. So they are somewhat relieved when Fox returns with a plate of bugs and berries; it shows kindness, understanding and resilience. Young adults and adults will see the deeper meaning and universal struggle for connection. Preconceived notions, irrational fears, language barriers, adaptability, trust issues. A non political cultural diversity piece for all ages.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $3.19. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.