The Galapagos Islands - Travel Adventures Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
There is no other place like these islands on earth! This unmatched archipelago is a world away from the mainland, yet it also helps define the identity of Ecuador. The Galapagos Islands captured the imagination of Charles Darwin and provided the catalyst for developing his theory of evolution, forever altering the written history of life on earth. Ever since the old pirate days, when the islands were referred to as the Enchanted Islands, the Galapagos have lured the inquisitive traveler with an unearthly beauty uniquely its own. Lying more than 600 miles off the west coast of Ecuador, the Galapagos have evolved in relative isolation. The wildlife is majestic and friendly, with very little fear of people. Don’t expect palm trees, white-sand beaches, and margaritas here. Expect jutting cliffs, volcanic moonscapes, emerald coves, and desert islands. Expect giant tortoises, swimming iguanas, friendly sea lions, and a rainbow of tropical fish. The Galapagos are often called the Islands Born of Fire. The older exposed islands are approximately four to five million years old, created by underwater volcanoes that are still active today. Thus, the archipelago is relatively young and continues to evolve. There are nearly 60 exposed landmasses that are currently named in the Galapagos. Thirteen are large islands, six are considered small islands, and more than 40 are islets. The largest is the 80-mile-long Isabela Island, with over half the archipelago’s total land area. All told, the islands extend for more than 267 miles. It would take quite some time to visit them all. This guide covers all the islands, from Floreana to Baltra, with details on where to stay, what to see, the wildlife, tour guides and even where to eat.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $4.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.