The Gates of the Alamo Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: May 2001
File Size: 8972 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
A huge, riveting, deeply imagined novel about the siege and fall of the Alamo, an event that formed the consciousness of Texas and that resonates through American history. With its vibrant, unexpected characters and its richness of authentic detail, The Gates of the Alamo is an unforgettable re-creation of a time, a place, and a heroic conflict.
The time is 1835. At the center of a canvas crowded with Mexicans and Americans, with Karankawa and Comanche Indians, with settlers of many nationalities, stand three people whose fortunes quickly become our urgent concern: Edmund McGowan, a naturalist of towering courage and intellect, whose life’s work is threatened by the war against Mexico and whose character is tested by his own dangerous pride; Mary Mott, a widowed innkeeper on the Texas coast, a determined and resourceful woman; and her sixteen-year-old son, Terrell, whose first shattering experience with love leads him instead to war, and into the crucible of the Alamo.
As Edmund McGowan and Mary Mott take off in pursuit of Terrell and follow him into the fortress, the powerful but wary attraction between them deepens. And the reader is drawn with them into the harrowing days of the battle itself.
Never before has the fall of the Alamo been portrayed with such immediacy. And for the first time the story is told not just from the perspective of the American defenders but from that of the Mexican attackers as well. We follow Blas Montoya, a sergeant in an elite sharpshooter company, as he fights to keep his men alive not only in the inferno of battle but also during the long forced march north from Mexico proper to Texas. And through the eyes of the ambitious mapmaker Telesforo Villasenor, we witness the cold deliberations of General Santa Anna.
Filled with dramatic scenes, abounding in fictional and historical personalities — among them James Bowie, David Crockett, and William Travis — The Gates of the Alamo enfolds us in history, and through its remarkable and passionate storytelling allows us to participate at last in an American legend.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $11.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.