The Handy Answer Book for Kids (and Parents), Second edition Ebook
Publication Date: October 2009
File Size: 6216 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 24.59% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Anyone who has ever been a kid, raised a kid, or spent any time with kids knows that asking questions is a critical part of being a kid. Questions are how kids find out about the world, and they deserve answers. But the truth is, adults don’t always know the answers. THE HANDY ANSWER BOOK FOR KIDS is a launching pad for inquisitive young minds and a life raft for parents who are at their wits’ end. This is a book that every parent needs, and every kid will covet. It answers 800 questions such as . . . Is there life on Mars? Can astronauts drink soda in space? Is there a man in the Moon? Do rivers ever dry up? What does the government do? What is the president’s job? Why are there wars? How much oil is there left in the world? Why do people work? Why do horses sleep standing up? Why do flies like cow poop? Is there such a thing as a funny bone? What’s an Achilles heel? Is it easier for my face to laugh or frown? What is DNA? Why doesn’t it hurt to cut my hair? How do you stop a brain freeze? Why do I have to brush my teeth? Why do people sometimes burp? What causes a hiccup? What are allergies? Why do people need sleep? Why do zebras have stripes? How do frogs make their load croaking sound? Why do leaves change color in the autumn? How do elevators work? How do airplanes fly? How does the Internet work? How is an MP3 player related to a computer? How does a vacuum cleaner work? Is zero a number? What is the metric system? Where does the water from my toilet go? Why do I have to clean my room? Where do babies come from? Why do I have to say “please” and “thank you”? Why do I have to wash my hands before I eat? Why does my cat purr? Why should I walk my dog every day? Why don’t school buses have seat belts? What should I do if someone asks for my name when I am online? My friend says he’s a genius. Is that possible? Why are some kids better at schoolwork than others? What’s the best way to make friends at a new school? What do I do if I am being bullied? What is a disability? What is climate change, and how does it differ from global warming? What is a carbon footprint?
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $14.29. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.