The Holy Land in the Middle Ages: Six Travelers' Accounts Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
This completely revised and updated digital edition presents texts written by medieval Christian, Muslim and Jewish travelers to the Holy Land, including: St. Jerome, “The Pilgrimage of Holy Paula,” c.382 CE; Paula & Eustochium, “Letter to Marcella on the Holy Places,” 386; Mukaddasi of Jerusalem, “Description of Palestine,” 985; Nâsir-i-Khusrau, “Diary of a Journey through Syria and Palestine,” 1047; Theoderich of Würzburg, “Guide to the Holy Land,” c.1172; and Benjamin of Tudela, “Description of the Holy Land,” from his “Itinerary,” c.1173 “The Holy Land in the Middle Ages” also features: over 300 electronic pages; nearly 100 black & white and color photos, historical drawings, and prints; 7 building plans; interactive gazetteer of places, buildings, and holy sites; gallery of 9 city views of Jerusalem from the 6th to the 16th century; gallery of 8 maps of the Holy Land from c.1200 to 1630; interactive maps of the Holy Land and Jerusalem; and a bibliography. In a region often caricatured by the images and rhetoric of crusade and jihad, it’s important to realize that through most of its medieval history the Holy Land was host to countless curious and devout travelers of all three faiths. They sailed to the same ports, walked and rode the same roads, lodged in the same cities and towns and visited and revered the same secular and sacred sites. “The Holy Land in the Middle Ages” offers important texts documenting these centuries of peaceful co-existence. “The Holy Land in the Middle Ages” is fully searchable and can be navigated page-by-page like a traditional print book, accessed via the interactive table of contents of texts or images, or through the page-search feature. Hyperlinked references access the appropriate notes to the text and introductions, and a Bibliographical Guide completes the edition. Loaded onto a laptop computer, tablet or smart phone, this e-book provides the perfect companion to the student, the jet-seat or arm-chair traveler.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $30.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.