The Hydrology of the UK: A Study of Change Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: November 2012
File Size: 10512 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
The Hydrology of the UK assesses the changing hydrology of the UK, focusing on key issues that affect the fundamental hydrological processes and have important implications for water resource management, flood risk and environmental quality. The bookis divided into 3 sections: Section 1 examines the causes of change to the hydrology of the UK, including the impact of climate change, land use and geomorphological change, and dam construction. Section 2 assesses the effects of these pressures on UK rivers, goundwater, lakes, ponds, reservoirs and wetlands, looking at water quality, degradation, pollution and protection. Section 3 examines the responses of goverment organisations responsible for planning and management of water, including Environment Agencies, British Hydrological Society and the growing urgency for a World Hydrology Initiative.
Change will continue to be a major feature of UK hydrology in the future. This book provides an understanding of the changing hydrology of the UK and the international scene today and looks to the needs for the future.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $83.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.