The International Directory of Pirates, Buccaneers, and Other Rogues Ebook
Publication Date: May 2011
File Size: 972 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Over 700 Biographical Listings. The Definitive Who’s Who from the Golden Age of Piracy. They say “dead men tell no tales.” That’s certainly true, but it doesn’t mean that tales can not be told about those men. In 1923 Philip Gosse found himself rummaging through his local library looking for information about pirates and buccaneers. To his amazement, there was little to be found about, as he puts it, “…this group of picturesque, if often unseemly, persons.” Certainly there was information about the “stars” of that era like William Kidd, Edward Teach (Blackbeard), and John Avery. There was even a bit about buccaneers like Sir Henry Morgan. But there was little or nothing about the hundreds of lesser-known, but equally important, individuals who populated that era. He resolved to cure that problem, and the result was this book. Here you will find listings for over 700 men and women who took part in the great Golden Age of Piracy. There are no mythical characters. Every person listed actually lived and, near as can be determined, did the things-good and bad-that are imputed to them. If you have even a remote interest in that collection of sea-adventurers we call “Pirates”… This book is your indispensable guide.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.49. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.