The Magistrates' Court: An Introduction (Fifth Edition) Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
A simple speedy summary, this fully revised Fifth Edition takes account of the wide scale changes which have affected the work of Justices of the Peace and their courts in recent years. * A unique handbook * Consistently rated excellent by reviewers * Especially useful for newcomers to the topic A most useful introduction that can be used alongside other training materials or as an ideal self-study guide. Also includes a Timeline and an extensive Glossary of Words, Phrases, Acronyms and Abbreviations- the language of the system – which will be of particular use to people wishing to quickly get to grips with the terminology of the magistrates’ courts. Topics covered include: * the history of the magistracy and its robust heritage * the modern-day magistrates’ court * recent changes in administration and powers * how people become JPs * their training, development, mentoring and appraisal * fundamental principals and tenets * the key relationship between JPs and their legal advisers * trial in the magistrates’ court * summary justice, crime and anti-social behaviour * sentencing and connected items * guidelines, advice and judicial oversight * important rules and procedures * diversity, equality, fairness and human rights * relationship to the Crown Court (and other courts) * magistrates and district judges * reasoned decision-making * location within the wider Criminal Justice System * the role of the Ministry of Justice * the role of HM Court Service * adult courts, youth courts and family courts * road traffic and other ‘specialist’ areas * civil and ‘non-police’ matters * a range of ‘everyday topics’ * sample procedures * open justice, media reporting and public confidence * key committees, liaison arrangements and membership bodies * a wealth of further detail (but all ‘uncluttered’ by technical data). . Authors Bryan Gibson is editor-in-chief, Waterside Press. He is a barrister, former co-editor of Justice of the Peace and a regular contributor to specialist journals. He was for 25 years a justices’ clerk and during much of that time an elected member of the Council of the Justices’ Clerks’ Society (and chair of its Criminal Law Committee). He is co-author (with Paul Cavadino) of The Criminal Justice System, author of The New Ministry of Justice, The New Home Office, and The Pocket A-Z of Criminal Justice (amongst many others). He has also written for The Guardian, The Stage and numerous journals including Justice of the Peace, The Independent Monitor, and Prison Journal. Mike Watkins is an experienced trainer of magistrates who has written materials for the Judicial Studies Board, Magistrates’ Association and Universities of Birmingham and Cambridge.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $39.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.