The Oncobiology of the Prostate Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: December 2000
File Size: 16237 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Prostate cancer (PCa) is the most common newly diagnosed cancer among men in the United States today. With the advent of the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test, the number of newly diagnosed cases has increased tremendously. The rates of PCa have increased so dramatically over the last decade that the age-adjusted incidence rate of PCa is no greater than that for any other cancer among men in the United States. Although PCa rates have risen steadily since 1973, there has been a dramatic acceleration in the late 1980s which has been associated with the introduction and use of PSA for screening and early detection. There is now some evidence that the rates may be levelling off and even decreasing in some areas. After lung cancer, PCa is the leading cause of death due to cancer in men in the United States. Although PCa can occur in younger men, it is essentially a cancer of elderly men. The highest rates of PCa in the world occur among African-American men in the United States. African-Americans have higher rates than Caucasians at all age levels in the United States, and adjusting for social-economic status does not appear to account for this difference to any appreciable extent. There is no clear reason why PCa rates are so much greater among African-Americans compared with Caucasians in the United States. The reported rates in Africans are substantially lower than those of an African-American, suggesting that environmental factors have an influence on PCa. In spite of this substantial impact on our society. PCa remains a relatively understudied disease, with an essentially unknown etiology.
The reviews contained in this book are by no means exhaustive. We have, however, attempted to provide information regarding the pathology of prostate cancer, the status of diagnostic and prognostic markers, as well as a discussion of our understanding of the molecular basis for the disease. The biology of prostate cancer is covered with a discussion on the role of apoptosis in prostate cancer and the suggestion of it being the target for new therapeutic development, as well as the role played by integrins and angiogenesis. The status of current therapies, both hormonal and chemotherapy, are also discussed. This volume should provide a useful background for individuals wishing to commence an in-depth understanding of prostate cancer.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $126.70. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.