The Patriarchs: A History of Australian Lutheran Schooling 1839 -1919 Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: August 2012
File Size: 7270 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
There have been Lutheran schools in Australia for more than 170 years. This book examines the first 80 years of that history through a series of biographies of the patriarchs, those educational leaders who established the rich traditions which still influence the church and its approach to formal schooling in the twentieth century. The eight profiles in this book not only cover the broad sweep of Lutheran educational history from 1839 to 1919, but also explore the personalities of people who were leading players in its development. ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Richard Hauser was born in Laidley in Queensland and baptized in the Lutheran church there in 1946. He attended Blenheim and Forest Hill State Schools before undertaking his secondary education as a boarder at Concordia Memorial College in Toowoomba. He is a graduate of Lutheran Teachers College in Adelaide and holds various degrees in Arts and Education from Adelaide and Queensland Universities, including a PhD in history. Between 1970 and 2008 he was employed in six Lutheran colleges in four Australian states, and for the last seventeen years of this work, served as a principal in Queensland, first at Good Shepherd Lutheran College in Noosa, and then at Redeemer Lutheran College in Rochedale. As a secondary teacher his main curriculum expertise has been in English, history, drama and Christian studies. He has served on many committees and boards of the Church, including over ten years as the chair of the Lutheran Church of Australia Queensland District (LCAQD) Schools Council, and on the Board of Lutheran Education Australia. In 1999 he was the keynote speaker on the history of Lutheran schooling at the inaugural Australian Conference on Lutheran Education (ACLE) on the Gold Coast. Richard is retired and lives with his wife Sylvia at Noosa on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast where he follows his interests in reading, writing and keeping fit. Richard and Sylvia have four children and five grandchildren.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.