The Quiet Center Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Each one of us is far greater, for more advanced, for more consciously aware, for more intelligent than we conceive our selves as being. John C. Lilly, M.D. was fascinated by human consciousness and sought to answer the question: “What is real?” In pursuit of this quest he created the “isolation tank” or flotation tank to enable him to examine his own brain activity and consciousness in the absence of all external stimulation. THE QUIET CENTER tells what Lilly found in his exploration of the outer reaches of consciousness. The movie “Altered States” was based upon this daring research. John Lilly is a rare combination of scientist and mystic. Lilly made contributions to biophysics, neurophysiology, neuroanatomy, and psychology. So he naturally employed the rigors of science to guide his exploration into consciousness and the quest to know who we really are. In THE QUIET CENTER Lilly asks, “Can we use the mind to ponder the mind?” as he guides the reader through the many dilemmas science encounters in attempting to study consciousness. He tells of experiencing indescribable alternative realities and coming to the awareness that he is something or someone far greater than he had ever imaged. He describes how to proceed to explore the deep self, least one get lost and not be able to find the way back to ordinary “consensus reality”. Lilly said, “I discovered a hole in the universe through which I gradually learned to see.” Lilly’s laboratory was the “void” – a place devoid of all external stimulation. In the void he discovered he could explore the workings of his own mind. In the process he discovered that the void is a portal – a hole in the universe – through which he could pass into alternative realities. He found he could be the whole universe or he could be nothing. He also found that a short time in the void space is rejuvenating – even invigorating. Lilly gives guidelines you can use to create your own void space. THE QUIET CENTER is a fascinating discourse and of interest to those who seek to explore who they really are, those looking for a way to shed the pressure of daily living to return to balance, and those who wonder how to apply science to a subject so murky and elusive as consciousness.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.40. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.