The Saxophone Book: Book 2 Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
About THE SAXOPHONE BOOK…
THE SAXOPHONE BOOK comes from the innovative and creative mind of 3x Grammy winning saxophonist Jeff Coffin (Dave Matthews Band/Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, the Mu’tet). This 3-volume set is an extraordinarily thoughtful dissection and presentation of the musical fundamentals that Jeff calls “The Big 5”.
Jeff believes that fundamentals are the ‘roots’ of musical learning and, in order for the student to grow, they need strong roots. These books help develop and/or strengthen the fundamentals using a variety of creative and fun musical concepts, exercises, and ideas. From developing life long practice habits to sharing personal and philosophical ideas about music and musical spirit, Coffin has codified, and now made available, the wide array of materials that have made him one of the most recognized and sought after players, and educators, on today’s scene.
How to USE THE SAXOPHONE BOOK…
It’s very simple. A metronome, tuner, patience, and good practice habits are all you need. These books are designed to allow students to ‘self-progress’. However, Jeff always recommends some kind of consistent private instruction when possible.
To get started, read through the intro pages. Then, start with Book 1, exercise #1. Choose a slow tempo on your metronome and start playing. Move your tempo up as you get more comfortable with each exercise. These exercises should be repeated. Many times. Remember, it’s a PROCESS. Through repetition comes magic…
The results are many and will occur rapidly! Superior listening, tone, dynamics, intonation, articulation, rhythm, time, and a deep understanding of harmony are all results of working on fundamentals. Every musician i know continues to work on the fundamentals throughout their career. It’s a never ending process. When the student has made a thoughtful study of these 3 volumes, they will have a much deeper understanding of the fundamentals as well as a high level of technical proficiency and musical competency on their instrument.
These are also great books for a more seasoned player looking for different ways of approaching material they have already studied. This is a tried and true method!
A little HISTORY…
For well over 15 years, since the early Bela Fleck & the Flecktones days (late 20th Century), Coffin has worked on and developed this material. He began compiling exercises for his students in Finale, and later Sibelius, so as to avoid writing the same things out time and again. This snowballed into Jeff entering hundreds of pages of his personal exercises into the computer. What you see here is the result of that work. Literally, hundreds, and likely, thousands of hours have been spent putting these books together in as concise and clear a way as possible to benefit the student. But, what to call it? After hours of deliberation, brainstorming, looking up words in the dictionary, writing down combinations of words and phrases on paper, and mumbling to himself through a closed hand so as to not be heard mumbling to himself, Coffin finally came up with an astonishingly brilliant title…THE SAXOPHONE BOOK- Ok, maybe it’s not so astonishing but it seems appropriate since every time Jeff talked about it he would start off by saying “So, I’m writing this saxophone book…”
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $12.45. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.