The Sea of Lost Opportunity Ebook
North Sea Oil and Gas, British Industry and the Offshore Supplies Office
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
This book reviews the condition of the British economy and the status of offshore technology immediately prior to the arrival of the oil and gas industry in the North Sea. It examines the immediate and long-term reactions to this large new industry of both the private sector and of government, including the formation, functions and operations of the Offshore Supplies Office (OSO). The “The Full and Fair Opportunity” policy for British firms and the role of’ “UK content” and the sponsorship of R&D through license awards are considered. Relations with the USA, Norway and other European countries, as well as the European Commission are covered.
Notwithstanding the nearly 30 years of government support through the OSO, the UK has not reaped the full benefit of the North Sea discoveries; this book attempts to explain why. Norman Smith is exceptionally well-qualified to write on this subject. His career in the offshore service and supply industry began in the early years of North Sea oil and gas and extended over the next 40 years. He moved progressively from the engineering sector via corporate finance to Director General of the British Department of Energy’s Offshore Supplies Office (OSO). After completing his OSO assignment, he became chairman of British Underwater Engineering Limited, one of 8 service and supply companies of which he was a director. Three of these were in the subsea area and in all three cases Norman served as company chairman. The other directorships involved companies with interests in petroleum and reservoir engineering, fabrication, topside design, well services and pipelines. During the final stage of his career Norman acted as a consultant to governments, exploration and production companies and financial institutions as well as service and supply firms.
- Covers the entire period from the first well offshore Britain until the dismantling of the specific British industrial policy measures for offshore supplies
- Based in large measure upon archives not previously accessed and the private testimony/papers of participants
- ‘Drills down’ to the level of individual company decisions through case study and other material
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $170.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.