The Spirit's Journey Ebook
Publication Date: January 2011
File Size: 11844 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
“Dave is a man of determination and dedication in overcoming a challenge-a man who will not take “no” for an answer. After a near-fatal airplane accident, Dave’s doctors told him he would never walk again. But he did! They told him he would never return to his job at Ford Motor Company. But he did! And they told him he would never fl y an airplane again. But he did! The Spirit’s Journey describes Dave’s lifelong involvement in aviation with many interesting and humorous anecdotes …"
-Bob Pauley, private and glider pilot, aviation photographer, and author
“There is a story buried in this manuscript of when Mac McKenzie flew my mother and me for my first airplane ride. After the flight (I must have been three or four years old), Dave and I sat in the airplane and talked. He explained all the controls, instruments; and how they related to flying an airplane. I was hooked for life. He is responsible for my start in what turned out to be a very great and successful career in aviation …”
-Captain John D. Patten, Delta Airlines, Retired
“There’s little doubt in my mind, there’s something we learn about ourselves, from the people that enter our lives. … After reflecting on Dave McKenzie’s determination to succeed, courage, and will to overcome the adversities as told in his book, I hope you gain insight to your life’s perspective, its experiences, and that you become the person you truly wish to be.”
-John O. Maxfield, corporate pilot
In the heartwarming memoir The Spirit’s Journey , Dave McKenzie shares the inspiring story of how he overcame lifelong pressures, family opposition, and incredible personal hurdles in order to follow his dream of flying an airplane.
As a young boy, he felt there could never be any odor more pleasant than the exhaust fumes that emitted from a small airplane engine. As each airplane he rode in started its take-off run, Dave would revel in the sensation of freedom he felt-even as a passenger. He shares how both his mother and his teachers opposed his preferred career choice of becoming a pilot, but he also details how he relied on his determination, effort, and intelligence to make the most of his love of aviation while still enjoying a career as an automobile chassis designer. Yet his adventuresome choices were not without challenges. After he becomes an aerobatic pilot, he chronicles the disasterous air show and subsequent injuries that nearly ended his life and his dreams.
Dave McKenzie’s story proves that the human spirit is a much stronger force than we ever imagined-even when faced with seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.