The Story of the First Kidney Transplant in Guyana, South America Ebook
And Lessons for Developing Countries
Publication Date: November 2009
File Size: 4445 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
The first part of the book narrates the story of a single mother from Georgetown in Guyana who made an appeal to help her son dying of kidney failure to obtain a kidney transplant which was not available in their country. They needed help to travel to India to get the transplant. The flyer appealing for help lands in the hands of a Guyanese-American, George Subraj, who is intrigued by this appeal. He seeks the help of Indian-born Transplant Surgeon, Dr. Rahul M. Jindal, who, in turn, organizes a medical team to perform the surgery. This is also a story of how Americans come together to save the life of a young man in Guyana, whose determined single mother refused to give up.
In the second part of the book, the social aspects of transplantation are discussed which include medical compliance, anxiety and depression in kidney transplant recipients and social networks pertaining to kidney transplantation.
In the third part of the book, the economics of kidney transplantation in developing countries are discussed, along with the economics of peritoneal versus hemodialysis, pre-emptive kidney transplantation for developing countries, health policy for treating renal failure in developing countries and finally commercialization of kidney transplantation- a problem which is increasing world-wide.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.01. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.