The Take-Control Diet: A Life Plan for Thinking People Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: December 2001
File Size: 2548 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
From the bestselling author of _Shred_
The Take-Control Diet aims to make you the expert on your body.
Dr. Ian Smith delivers the final word on dieting for the fad-weary reader who wants the truth about permanent weight loss. The Take-Control Diet explains the real science of how your body manages energy, why crash diets and trendy programs sabotage your chances of success, and how you can get off the yo-yo ride forever.
Dr. Smith offers a diet and exercise program that allows you to eat without feeling deprived, or adopting an entirely specialized diet, and that helps you use both anaerobic and aerobic exercise for maximum weight loss results. He explains how to calculate your own individual food-and-exercise equation in order to lose the ideal amount of weight per week.
The Take-Control Diet equips you with the facts so that you can approach your health and fitness goals psychologically fortified for the task. Understanding common myths about dieting will give you the knowledge you need to resolve your weight issues for good. Did you know that, contrary to the recommendations of many popular diets, eating too much protein could seriously damage your health? That it is impossible to convert fat to muscle? That starving yourself slows your metabolism and causes your body to store energy as fat? That no foods appreciably increase your metabolism? That chronic, yo-yo dieting makes weight loss increasingly difficult?
Dr. Smith explains the causes of overweight, the health concerns of dieting, how metabolism and genetics factor in to weight control, and what you can do to work with, rather than against, your body’s processes. Many diets dictate a program that might work—if it works at all—only as long as you can adhere to radical and unnatural habits. The Take-Control Diet , instead, equips you to design your own eating and exercise plan—one that accommodates your preferences, your daily routine, and your particular weight loss hurdles.
Losing weight will not only help you look your best but also reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer—in addition to improving your overall energy level and ability to fight illness. Dr. Smith offers a plan, based on extensive research and his personal work with patients, that respects your intelligence and empowers you to win the battle with overweight.
The Take-Control Diet is one hundred percent free of unrealistic promises, poor science, and far-fetched gimmicks—and one hundred percent yours for life.
From the Hardcover edition._
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.