The Unofficial Diplomat: A Memoir Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
The book describes the author’s experiences in China during the 1989 “Beijing Spring.” It moves to India, and then Kenya at the time of the American Embassy bombing in Nairobi. “From the Chinese army’s crackdown in Tiananmen Square to Al Qaeda’s terror attacks on the American Embassy in Nairobi, Joanne and Jim Huskey have been on the front lines of some of the most dramatic moments in recent historyJim as a U.S. Foreign Service officer, Joanne as his intrepid partner. A compelling political thriller, colorful adventure story, and well-written travelogue, The Unofficial Diplomat provides a revealing behind-the-scenes glimpse of what life is really like for our diplomats and their families as they face the challenges of representing the United States while seeking to carve out a semblance of normal existence in a tumultuous world. A wonderful read.”- MIKE CHINOY, former CNN Senior Asia Corrrespondent “This book provides a wonderful insight into the highs and lows, the exuberance and terrors, of a life well lived in the Foreign Service. Read the part about the al Qaeda bombing of the Nairobi embassy in 1998 and you will understand how the mindset and personal leadership of community members like Joanne helped us accomplish extraordinary things against great odds. The Unofficial Diplomat makes clear why Foreign Service spouses and family members deserve such respect and affection.”
PRUDENCE BUSHNELL, former U.S. Ambassador to Kenya and Guatemala “The Huskeys brought enthusiasm and exuberance to their two China postings, backed by a profound interest in the history and culture of China. And when faced with the tragedy of Tiananmen in June 1989, while Jim Huskey performed brilliantly, applying his creativity and adventurous spirit to get the account right, Joanne was with him all the way. Her diverse talents and humanity brought two worlds closer together. Both understand the importance and appeal of Taiwan and yet clearly know the power of China in our future. A very good bookread it!” JAMES R. LILLEY, former U.S. Ambassador to China and former Director of the American Institute in Taiwan
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.20. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.