The Wawona Brotherhood, the San Jose State Campus Revolt Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: September 2010
File Size: 426 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 19.42% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Book Synopsis: The anti-war years of the 1960s brought the formation of numerous activist groups across the nation’s college campuses. Surrounded by a town dominated by machine politics, red-necked bigotry and segregated off-campus housing, San Jose State University was no exception. The home campus of Olympic boycotter Tommie Smith, it had its share of black activists and white anti-war protesters. —- As students became inexorably drawn into the common cause of campus radicals, a new society fueled by hope for the future became a rallying point for thousands of Bay area youths and their dreams. Author Timothy Fitzgerald records his experiences and those of other key figures during this pivotal time in history when color barriers were broken and the formation of a new brotherhood was underway. This is their story. —- RAVE REVIEWS: "The story of the civil rights and anti-war activism that engulfed San Jose State University during the 1960s is still relevant in today’s world. Tim Fitzgerald’s work reminds all of us that the basic issues which divided our nation then- a questionable war in a foreign land and the fight for equality at home – continue to haunt our society.‘’
Jim Beall, Jr., California State Assembly, District 24 — “As an era of social justice, these were hard times, and they were exciting times. But most of all, they were good times because students were actively shouting out their concerns (Maybe one day soon, we will return to such a period of active social justice).” -Wiggsy Sivertsen, SJSU 60’s faculty/ Counselor —- “Timothy Fitzgerald played an important, one might even say key, role. His account of the changes and of his participation in them is fascinating.” George E. Moore, Former Chair, SJSU Academic Senate, Chair Emeritus History Dept. SJSU — Author Bio: ABOUT THE AUTHOR-Timothy Fitzgerald is an accomplished writer and Silicon Valley activist who has also taught history, politics, and economics in community colleges in California. He graduated from San Jose State University in 1971 and is now completing a third Master’s Degree in related subjects. Tim is also an expert Yosemite rock climber. He is currently working on the second installment of his Vietnam War era memoirs entitled, A Diamond in the Rough.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.05. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.