The Why of Work: How Great Leaders Build Abundant Organizations That Win Ebook
How Great Leaders Build Abundant Organizations That Win: How Great Leaders Build Abundant Organizations That Win
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
THE NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, AND USA TODAY BESTSELLER!
ADVANCE PRAISE FOR THE WHY OF WORK:
“Principled, timely, and engaging, The Why of Work teaches that building a culture of abundance and common purpose is essential to organizational success.”
—Stephen R. Covey, bestselling author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
“Will have a major impact on how individuals shape their attitude to work, how organizations create abundant cultures, and how leaders turn personal meaning into public good.”
—Jigmi Y. Thinley, Prime Minister of Bhutan
" The Why of Work shows a better, different way to build and lead organizations. It is an insightful guide to how leaders can infuse meaning into their organizations."
—Jeffrey Pfeffer, Professor, Stanford Graduate School of Business and author of Power: Why Some People Have It-and Others Don’t
“This book brings the question ‘why’ to the place in which we spend most of our adult lives, giving us insightful tools to help make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.”
—Don Hall, Jr., president and CEO, Hallmark Cards, Inc.
“This is a must read for anyone who works, leads others at work, or works to build a supportive environment.”
—Beverly Kaye, founder/CEO, Career Systems International, and coauthor of Love ’Em or Lose ’Em: Getting Good People to Stay
" The Why of Work opens the door to significant employee engagement. The alignment between company values and those of customers and communities can indeed give employees a sense of purpose while delivering great results to customers!"
—Paula S. Larson, Chief HR Officer, Invesys
“Blackstone has proved that finding superior leaders produces superior results. Dave Ulrich has brought this thinking to a new level at Blackstone. Every private equity investor and senior manager must read this book.”
—James Quella, Senior Operating Partner, The Blackstone Group
According to studies, we all work for the same thing—and it’s not just money. It’s meaning. Through our work, we seek a sense of purpose, contribution, connection, value, and hope. Digging down to the meaning of work taps our resilience in hard times and our passion in good times. That’s the simple but profound premise behind this groundbreaking book by renowned management expert Dave Ulrich and psychologist Wendy Ulrich. They’ve talked to thousands of people—from rank-and-file workers to clients and customers to top-level executives—and synthesized major disciplines to identify the “why” behind our most successful experiences.
Using the model of the “abundant organization,” they provide you with the “how” to create meaning and value in your own workplace. Learn how to:
- Ask the seven questions that drive abundance
- Understand the needs of your customers and staff
- Personalize the work to motivate your employees
- Build and grow your business in any economy
By following the Ulrichs’ step-by-step guidelines, you will set off a chain reaction of positive and enduring effects. Employees who fi nd meaning in their work are more competent, committed, and eager to contribute-and their contribution will result in increased customer commitment, which delivers a winning performance on the bottom line.
The Why of Work includes targeted checklists, questionnaires, and other useful tools to help you turn aspirations into action. Using the proven principles of abundance, you can coordinate your needs with those of your employers, your employees, and your customers—and create a vision that resonates for years to come. When you understand why we work, you know how to succeed.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $24.65. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.