Theology Goes to the Movies: An Introduction to Critical Christian Thinking Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: February 2008
File Size: 338 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Drawing a comparison between religion and cinema-going, this text examines a range of contemporary films in relation to key theological concepts. Cinema as a religion-like activity is explored through cognitive, affective, aesthetic and ethical levels, identifying the religious aspects in the social practice of cinema-going.
Written by a leading expert in the field, Theology Goes to the Movies analyzes:
- the role of cinema and Church in Western culture
- the power of Christian symbols and images within popular culture
- theological concepts of humanity, evil and redemption, eschatology and God.
This is an ideal text for students seeking a new way into the study of theology.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $42.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.