This Heated Place: Encounters in the Promised Land Ebook
Publication Date: March 2004
File Size: 3301 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 23.81% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
This Heated Place takes readers into twenty-first century Israel and the occupied territories. Journalist Deborah Campbell, previously a foreign student in Tel Aviv during the Gulf War, returned to the region in fall 2001 to seek insights into one of the world’s most intractable conflicts. She drives through the West Bank with an American-Israeli settler in his bombproof SUV; attends the Love Parade in Tel Aviv, where thousands of Israeli ravers celebrate under armed guard; visits a Palestinian family in Hebron following an Israeli army raid; talks to girls at an Islamic school in Gaza; meets Israeli refuseniks who have spent time in prison for their stance; and drinks tea at the refugee camp home of the family of twelve-year-old Mohammad al-Durrah, whose dramatic death in his father’s arms made him the Arab world’s symbol of opposition to Israeli occupation. Skillfully incorporating elements of political reporting, travel writing and personal observation, Deborah Campbell rejects the simplifications that characterize mainstream journalism, drawing instead upon her own experience of the many facets of Palestinian and Israeli society. Always, she is mindful of the words of someone she met along the way. When it comes to understanding this terrible conflict, he told her, “what you see depends on where you are standing.”
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $11.39. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.