To the End of the World and Back (a South American Adventure) Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: January 2007
File Size: 12153 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Also included in this new, fully illustrated e-book edition are 140 beautiful colour photographs from the author’s journey across South America. At the far southern tip of South America, surrounded by some of the world’s roughest seas, lies the island of Tierra del Fuego. It’s three days into the new Millennium, and Ian is about to set off on the journey of a lifetime. After finally tearing himself away from the delights of Buenos Aires he journeys down through the wild and spectacular landscape of Patagonia. The journey should have been simple and direct, but turned out to be neither. Discover, after miles of hostile landscape, the wonders that lie at the end of this continent: spectacular mountain scenery and a thriving community of friendly people in the southernmost city in the world. Then travel back through the diversity of the long, thin country of Chile where he: goes to painful lengths to hike the mountains and touch a glacier, gets stranded in the desert, takes an ill-fated journey across the Andes before ending up on Lake Titicaca where, on an island that belongs more at the turn of the last Millennium, he gains a fascinating insight into the life of some Titicaca Indians. Finally end it all off with an illegal tour of San Pedro prison in La Paz, led by one of the inmates, Fernando, a drug dealer. This is the fascinating story of Ian’s experiences as a lone backpacker on a not so lonely journey across South America. Ian encounters many fascinating people as he makes his way along the East Coast from Buenos Aires to the southernmost tip of South America and the inestimable experience of actually being at Tierra del Fuego, the end of the world. The reader will enjoy the stories of how Ian experienced and handled the exotic climates of South America and sometimes found that he was not dressed for the weather. The historically-minded will relish Ian’s deep insight into the culture and customs of the Titicaca Indians. Hikers will laugh at the stories of how Ian tackled the desolate and sometimes perilous landscape as he moved in to get the closest possible shot of the breathtaking scenery. Learn about a four-day tour across the Bolivian Altiplano in a jeep that kept breaking down! Even given unreliable transport, a trip to the end of the salar near the Isla de Pescadores was hard to resist. The reward was a view of the most amazing sunset in the world. The price to be paid was a 76-kilometre drive in a jeep that was about as reliable as a British train. Ian tried to convince his companions that they could make it. But as the sun set, the jeep spluttered to a stop, not for the first time. Ian and his companions were still miles from the edge of the salar as darkness was setting in. The jeep was also starting to hit water. The driver struggled to make out the tyre tracks.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.