Towards a Renewable Future Ebook
Assessing Resource Recovery as a Viable Treatment Alternative: Case Studies of Facilities Employing Extractive Nutrient Re
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Extractive nutrient recovery, defined as the production of chemical nutrient products devoid of significant organic matter, represents a complementary strategy for managing nutrients in multiple waste streams. In this option, energy and resources are used to accumulate and produce a chemical nutrient product that is recyclable and has a resale value that could potentially help offset operating costs while reducing nutrient production from raw materials for agricultural or other uses. This report (NTRY1R12b) presents a compilation of case studies of water resource recovery facilities (WRRFs) at various stages of implementation of extractive nutrient recovery technologies in the form of struvite crystallization. Of the 20 WRRFs identified in this report, six have implemented or are implementing a struvite crystallization facility and seven have performed desktop and/or pilot evaluations. Data from these thirteen utilities were used to develop the Tool for Evaluating Resource Recovery-Phosphorus (TERRY-Phosphorus), which was used to perform a conceptual level evaluation of implementing struvite recovery at seven other WRRFs.Data from the full-scale WRRFs that have implemented struvite recovery indicate that sidestream soluble phosphorus removals ranged from 80 to 90%, while ammonia removal ranged from 7 to 30%. Struvite production ranged from 64 to 421 metric tonnes per year and was found to be dependent on the site specific conditions and technology employed. Drivers for implementing nutrient recovery included reduction in supplemental carbon requirements for nitrogen removal, reduction in aeration requirements, reduction in biosolids production versus conventional treatment alternatives, reduction in costs associated with mitigating nuisance precipitate formation, benefits to sludge dewaterability, and benefits associated with manipulating the N and P content of the biosolids. Quantifying the economic and non-economic benefits of these drivers together with site specific factors can help drive the implementation of resource recovery systems at full-scale WRRFs.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $21.30. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.