Tribology of Metal Cutting Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: December 2006
File Size: 9783 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Tribology of Metal Cutting is about an emerging field of studies called Metal Cutting Tribology. Tribology is defined as “the science and technology of interactive surfaces moving relative each other.”
The science of Tribology concentrates on contact physics and mechanics of moving interfaces that generally involve energy dissipation. The book clarifies that the ultimate objective of the metal cutting tribology is the reduction of the energy spent in metal cutting. Increased tool life, improved integrity of the machined surface, higher process efficiency and stability are the results of the achieving this goal.
Tribology of Metal Cutting is intended to be for a broad range of readers from students, practicing engineers to experienced researchers. In this book, specialists in the field of metal cutting will find information on how to apply the major principles of metal cutting tribology, or, in other words, how to make the metal cutting tribology to be useful at various levels of applications. Students majoring in manufacturing, industrial and mechanical engineering will learn about the basic ideas of the metal cutting mechanics and physics, as well as the practical aspects of the metal cutting process; manufacturing, process and tool engineers will find simple solutions to increase productivity and efficiency of various cutting operations at the shop floor level.
Tribology of Metal Cutting summarizes the available information on metal cutting tribology with a critical review of work done in the past. The book also presents, explains and exemplifies a number of novel concepts and principles in the tribology of metal cutting such as the energy partition in the cutting system, cutting system physical efficiency and its practical assessment, versatile metrics of cutting tool wear, optimal cutting temperature and its use in the optimization of the cutting process, physical concept of cutting tool resource, and embrittlement action of the cutting fluids.
The major distinguished feature of this book is that it focused on the practical ways of modeling and optimization of the cutting process using two simple in- and post-process parameters, namely, the cutting temperature and chip compression ratio that can be measured with sufficient accuracy not only at a research lab but also in the shop floor. This makes this book not just another book on the subject, but practical guidance for a wide variety of readers.
· Introduces the cutting system physical efficiency and its practical assessment via analysis of the energy partition in the cutting system.
· Presents, explains and exemplifies a breakthrough concept of the physical resource of the cutting tool.
· Covers the complete system of metal cutting testing.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $273.15. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.